|Once again I tried a new technique involving more vexeling. It took much longer but I'm more pleased with the results. I. Love. Steampunk!!!|
Drawing YOU As Your Favorite Character
Hi! Would you like yourself or a loved one drawn as your favorite character? I love drawing characters and I'll be absolutely thrilled to do one for you as a personal commission. Here's how we get started.
1. You send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with Character Commission in the subject line and tell me what kind of piece you want with a brief character description.
2. You also send me 1-3 high resolution images of yourself or a loved one. I can either just use your face or your whole body if you are dressed as the character you'd like for me to illustrate.
3. I'll let you know when I'm available to do the piece for you. Once I'm ready to start, you pay me through Paypal. (I can't start the piece before I receive payment.)
4. In 3-7 days I will email you the piece as a JPG (96dpi for display online) and as a PDF (300dpi for printing). The printed version can fit on a standard piece of paper (8.5 x 11). I can also send a PDF in whatever size you like if you wish to take the piece to a printer to create a poster that you can frame.
Guidelines For Personal Commissions
Style: All drawings will be in my style. If you want an illustration of the popular anime character, Sailor Moon, it won't be drawn in the anime or manga style, it'll be drawn in my style.
All drawings will have a basic background consisting of a cool texture behind my signature frame design. (See the illustrated pricing examples) If you'd like, I can even incorporate the character's name into the frame itself.
I can draw characters from a wide variety of genres including: Fantasy, Historical, Sci-Fi, Steampunk, Cyberpunk, Superheroes, Film, Television, Anthros (depending), etc.
Pose: I choose the pose.
Character Description: When describing the kind of drawing you want, the less detail the better. This gives me the most artistic freedom. An example of the perfect description of a full color, full body piece: "I would like a drawing of an athletic female fantasy warrior. Her outfit is of poor quality, she has medium length green hair, brown skin and blue eyes. She wields a wicked looking long sword and wears boots." This example gives me a basic framework but allows me to have a greatest freedom.
A Note About Drawing You: I will try to get as close as possible to capturing your essence and form but it may not be perfect. Please specify in the beginning if you'd like for me to make the drawing of you younger, older, more muscular, etc.
A Note About Drawing Someone Else: If you just want a custom character that is not based on you or anyone you know, I can certainly do that as well. Just give me the description and I can jam from there, no problem.
I Won't Currently Take Personal Commissions for: Mechs, complex robots or machinery, vehicles, landscapes, architecture, or maps. They just take too long to draw.
Revisions: I am willing to do 1 or 2 very minor revisions free of charge. A minor revision would be something like changing the hair color or adding a few extra buckles. If the changes you want fall under the major revision category, I would have to charge extra. Either way though, I'll let you know beforehand and we can discuss it.
Personal Use & Rights: Any art that I do for you is for your own PERSONAL, NON-COMMERCIAL use. I retain full rights to any and all art that I do for you.
Pricing - Click here to see the Illustration Examples:
$50 - Black & White, Half Body ($50/ each extra character)
$100 – Black & White, Full Body ($50/ each extra character)
$150 – Full Color, Half Body ($150/ each extra character)
$200 – Full Color, Full Body ($150/ each extra character)
Commercial Projects: Please contact me separately for commercial work, like book & magazine covers, packaging, labels, posters, logos, album art, tattoos, etc.
Thank you so much for your interest. I look forward to drawing for you! - Chaz
I worship at the altar of the great Alphonse Mucha. I consider myself an Art Nouveau artist with a particular enjoyment of Steampunk and Fantasy.|
Current Residence: Denvahhh, Colorado
Favourite genre of music: Celtic
Favourite style of art: Art Nouveau all the way!
Operating System: PC baby!
MP3 player of choice: I Tunes
Shell of choice: Turtle shell?
Wallpaper of choice: Usually whatever deviation I'm working on at the time.
Favourite cartoon character: I have to go with the Flash
Personal Quote: 10% of life is what happens to you, the other 90% is what you choose to do about it.